Skip to main content

Book Review: When Everything Feels Like the Movies, Raziel Reid

When Everything Feels Like the Movies

Title: When Everything Feels Like the Movies
Author: Raziel Reid
Published: 14/02/2016, Atom
Pages: 176
Source: Netgalley
Format: Ebook
Rating: 1/5
Everyone wanted to break me. But stars aren't broken, they explode. And I was the ultimate supernova.
My name was Jude. They called me Judy. I was beautiful either way.
School was basically a movie set. We were all just playing our parts. The crew, the Extras, the Movie Stars. No one was ever real... especially me. I didn't fit any category.
All the girls watched me - I could walk so much better than them in heels, and my make-up was always flawless.
All the boys wanted to, well, you know... even if they didn't admit it.
They loved me, they hated me, but they could never ignore me.
I only had eyes for Luke. A red carpet rolled out from my heart towards him and this year, on Valentine's Day, I was going to walk that carpet and find my mark next to him. It would be like a dream.
But my dream was going to turn into a nightmare.
This is my story.
#WEFLTM
When Everything Feels Like the Movies has left me completely speechless. And I don't mean that in a good way.

I admit it is a well-written book and I can see why it would win prizes. But, to me, it's the characters that completely let the book down. They were all just so unrealistic and unlikeable. Nobody acts like that. Yet, I couldn't stop reading.

Jude is an absolutely awful person. Self-obsessed and a complete stalker. I don't condone bullying in any way, but to be perfectly honest, it's no wonder his classmates were so defensive against him. He does everything in his power to goad them. He obviously needs a reality check and to grow up. His friend, Angela, is just as bad. Why do parents never have any control over their offspring in these books?!?

And apparently, these children are supposed to be in Middle School. From what I understand, that's 11 to 13 years old. I'd be worried if kids in High School acted like these characters, never mind those in Middle School. They are drinking, partying, having sex with everyone, sexually harassing others... It's disgusting!

However, I did like Jude's relationship with his little brother. He is great with him and it is quite cute.

When Everything Feels Like the Movies is definitely not a book for me. Would I recommend it? No, but I'd say give it a go if you really want to.




Follow me via GoodreadsFacebookTwitterBloglovin and Pinterest.

Feel free to leave a comment.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Feature and Follow (29 May)

The Feature & Follow is hosted by TWO hosts, Parajunkee of  Parajunkee’s View  and Alison of  Alison Can Read . Each host will have their own Feature Blog and this way it’ll allow us to show off more new blogs! I'm one of the featured blogs this week! Along with Amanda of  The Darling Bookworm . This week’s Question: How many books have you got on your TBR list? I recently had a bit of a cull of my TBR list so now it is sitting at 269. I'm trying my hardest to get it below 200 by the end of the year but I really don't see it happening. I'd currently be happy if I managed to get it below 225. However, I did recently have a look through my TBR on Goodreads and deleted a few books that I don't think I will actually ever read - I'm not even to sure how they got there anyway. Follow me via  Goodreads ,  Facebook ,  Bloglovin  and  Pinterest  and also via email to myexpandingbookshelf@gmail.com.  Feel free to leave a comment.

Top Ten Tuesday: Ten Books Recently Added to My TBR

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by  The Broke and The Bookish . This week's topic is ten books I've recently added to my TBR.

Top Ten Tuesday: Unread 2016 Releases

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by  The Broke and The Bookish . This week's topic is my ten 2016 releases I meant to read but didn't get to.