Skip to main content

The TBR Tag

I saw The TBR Tag on Read All The Things ages ago and finally decided to give it a go. I'm definitely trying to work on reducing my current TBR number this year so felt it was quite apt. If you want to take part, then consider yourself tagged (remember to post your link in the comments to let me know).


1. How do you keep track of your TBR?

I use Goodreads, mainly because it's easy to find and link to the exact copy of a book (most of the time).


2. Is your TBR mostly print or ebook?

At the moment print, I really only read ebooks if they're arcs.

3. How do you determine which book to read next?

Whatever I'm in the mood for really. I decide what I want to read for the week on Sunday to give me a rough idea of what I should carry around with me. However, if I have an arc due then I will read that.

4. A book that’s been on your TBR the longest?

I'm not too sure, I only joined Goodreads last year so can't even check dates on that. Probably Pride and Prejudice or The Hobbit.

5. A book you recently added to your TBR?

My most recent addition is Pivotal Moments by Trinity Hanrahan, an arc from Netgalley.

6. A book on your TBR because of its cover?

I'm so bad at this, but again recently it was Read Me Like a Book by Liz Kessler and The Loneliness of Being Distant by Kate Ling. Just look at how gorgeous they are!!
Read Me Like a BookThe Loneliness of Distant Beings

7. A book on your TBR that you never plan on reading?

I hope to read all books on my TBR... but maybe Romeo and Juliet...

8. An unpublished book sequel on your TBR that you’re excited for?

The Burning World (Warm Bodies #2) by Isaac Marion. August can't come quick enough!

9. A book on your TBR that everyone has read but you?

A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas. I vow that this year will be the year.

10. A book on your TBR that everyone recommends to you?

After reading Fangirl, it would definitely be Carry On by Rainbow Rowell.

11. A book on your TBR that you’re dying to read?

A Study in Charlotte by Brittany Cavallaro. The idea of Sherlock and John's grandkids just intrigues me.

12. How many books are on your Goodreads TBR?

At the time of writing... 307... I hope to get this below 275 by the end of the year... Not too sure how that will turn out though...



Follow me via GoodreadsFacebookTwitterBloglovin and Pinterest.


Feel free to leave a comment.

Comments

  1. Such a fun tag! I think I did this one last year, even though I wasn't tagged, just because the questions were fun =) My Goodreads TBR is insane too, but I've been on there since 2008 and originally went crazy adding every book imaginable. I did a big cull last year, and have it down to 300ish, but I would love to have my TBR actually be the books that I plan to actually read one day .. sign. Bookish problems, right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it is pretty fun. It's so hard not to go crazy on Goodreads. I'm trying to only add books to my TBR now that I own or I love the author. But it's proving so difficult. I definitely try to cull it every so often. Just another one of our many problems haha!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Top Ten Tuesday: Ten Books Recently Added to My TBR

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by  The Broke and The Bookish . This week's topic is ten books I've recently added to my TBR.

Top Ten Tuesday: Unread 2016 Releases

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by  The Broke and The Bookish . This week's topic is my ten 2016 releases I meant to read but didn't get to.

Feature and Follow (29 May)

The Feature & Follow is hosted by TWO hosts, Parajunkee of  Parajunkee’s View  and Alison of  Alison Can Read . Each host will have their own Feature Blog and this way it’ll allow us to show off more new blogs! I'm one of the featured blogs this week! Along with Amanda of  The Darling Bookworm . This week’s Question: How many books have you got on your TBR list? I recently had a bit of a cull of my TBR list so now it is sitting at 269. I'm trying my hardest to get it below 200 by the end of the year but I really don't see it happening. I'd currently be happy if I managed to get it below 225. However, I did recently have a look through my TBR on Goodreads and deleted a few books that I don't think I will actually ever read - I'm not even to sure how they got there anyway. Follow me via  Goodreads ,  Facebook ,  Bloglovin  and  Pinterest  and also via email to myexpandingbookshelf@gmail.com.  Feel free to leave a comment.