Skip to main content

Book Review: Buster, Will Barrow & Isabel George

Buster: The Dog Who Saved a Thousand Lives

Title: Buster: The Dog Who Saved a Thousand Lives
Author: Will Barrow, Isabel George
Published: 15/01/2015, Virgin Books
Pages: 256
Source: Bought
Format: Hardback
Rating: 3/5
Thousands of lives have been saved by this spaniel. He is a best friend in dog's clothing. An RAF dog with his mossy feet firmly on the ground. A brave dog who has served his colleagues and his country with unstinting devotion. A dog in a million.
This is the true story of the partnership of Buster and Will, told by Will himself, describing how each came to save the other's life. This is a relationship that produced some heroic feats - and the most decorated dog in military history.
With some dogs you share a boil in the bag breakfast and maybe a blanket on a cold desert floor. Some you wouldn't leave in charge of your Grandma unless you wanted to find out just how fast the old girl could run. But, if you're very, very lucky there will be the one dog you would lay down your life for - and for me that dog is Buster.

I don't know why but I have a real soft spot for dog stories. And Buster is definitely no exception to this.

Buster is definitely one of the easier dog stories I've read. It's written in a very simple way and is told from the perspective of Will Barrow. It sort of reads like a monologue. The story does not go into great detail, however, it is still a great insight into the life of a military dog.

It's far from a predictable story. Although Buster has won many awards I hadn't actually heard of him until I bought this book. So you could say I went into this story blind. It's not the most climatic story but I didn't really expect it to be. It mainly just highlights the day-to-day life of a military dog. However, I don't think Will Barrow could have ended Buster's story in a better place - it provided just the right amount of closure on the story.

I would definitely recommend Buster as a quick read for animal and dog lovers. If you enjoy the likes of It's All About Treo and Marley and Me, then you'll enjoy Buster. It's not the best I've ever read, but it was lovely all the same.




Follow me via GoodreadsTwitterBloglovin, Instagram, and Pinterest.

Feel free to leave a comment.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top Ten Tuesday: Ten Books Recently Added to My TBR

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by  The Broke and The Bookish . This week's topic is ten books I've recently added to my TBR.

Top Ten Tuesday: Unread 2016 Releases

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by  The Broke and The Bookish . This week's topic is my ten 2016 releases I meant to read but didn't get to.

Feature and Follow (29 May)

The Feature & Follow is hosted by TWO hosts, Parajunkee of  Parajunkee’s View  and Alison of  Alison Can Read . Each host will have their own Feature Blog and this way it’ll allow us to show off more new blogs! I'm one of the featured blogs this week! Along with Amanda of  The Darling Bookworm . This week’s Question: How many books have you got on your TBR list? I recently had a bit of a cull of my TBR list so now it is sitting at 269. I'm trying my hardest to get it below 200 by the end of the year but I really don't see it happening. I'd currently be happy if I managed to get it below 225. However, I did recently have a look through my TBR on Goodreads and deleted a few books that I don't think I will actually ever read - I'm not even to sure how they got there anyway. Follow me via  Goodreads ,  Facebook ,  Bloglovin  and  Pinterest  and also via email to myexpandingbookshelf@gmail.com.  Feel free to leave a comment.