Skip to main content

The Sunday Post (1 January)


The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimberly of Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news. A post to recap the past week on your blog and showcase books and things we have received. Share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead.

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERY ONE!!!

Well, it's been a hectic two weeks since my last Sunday Post! Christmas was, of course, very busy. I've barely been around the past two weeks with all the preparation and partying going on. Santa was very good to me too, although for some reason I cannot fathom, I didn't get ANY books from anyone this year! However, I did receive a £30 voucher for Waterstones that I am yet to spend. We also had great fun playing Pie Face and even managed to get my 84-year-old granny involved.

It's also been a rather sad two weeks here. Not only did countless celebrities pass away over the Christmas weekend, but five days before Christmas my old music teacher also passed away. It's just really weird knowing that we will never hear his booming laugh in town any more. Heaven has definitely got a lot louder. I also found out that an old work colleague passed away suddenly at the age of 54 on Boxing Day. I'm just in a state of shock now!

However, on a much happier note, it was my sister-in-laws birthday this week. We had a really fun girls night out clubbing at an 80s and 90s club night. It was fantastic. One of the best nights out I've had in a long time. I was definitely suffering the next day though, but that was soon remedied by the arrival of a McDonalds McChicken Sandwich meal and a duvet day with my sister-in-law watching movies.

After the shenanigans mid-week, I had a fairly quiet Hogmanay. Which is very unusual in Scotland! I did go out with a few others, but I started getting one of my dizzy spells so decided to call it a night. So I was home by 11 and off to bed shortly after the bells. At least I'm not suffering today, though.

Last Two Weeks on the Blog


This Week on the Blog

I'm taking a weeks break from blogging this week, however I am taking part in Bout of Books so I'm thinking I will still be posting my daily updates.

What I Read Over the Last Two Weeks

The Two-Night One-Night StandCrashSoul Crossed (Of Demons and Angels #1)Goodnight Mister Tom

Coyer Reads

The Two-Night One-Night StandSoul Crossed (Of Demons and Angels #1)

Currently Reading

Anna KareninaAll Laced Up (Breakaway, #1)

What I Plan to Read This Week

Norse Mythology 

Book Haul


Follow me via GoodreadsTwitterBloglovin, and Pinterest.

Feel free to leave a comment.

Comments

  1. Glad to hear Santa was very good to you :) Funny though no books! WTH??? GNOs are my favorite glad your was the best in a long time. Looking forward to your review of Soul Crossed I'm curious how you liked it because it was a DNF for me. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I couldn't believe it when I didn't open any books! I mean don't my family know me at all! I actually really enjoyed Soul Crossed once I got into it.

      Delete
  2. Hope you have a wonderful 2017!
    Please check out some of my recent posts:
    http://shoshireads.weebly.com/home/city-of-lost-souls-review
    http://shoshireads.weebly.com/home/city-of-fallen-angels-review
    http://shoshireads.weebly.com/home/one-moment-review
    http://shoshireads.weebly.com/home/what-light-review

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year! Yay for Santa being good. Sorry to hear though about your music teacher.

    Lol about McDonalds. The stuff that helps with hangovers! Hope you have a great reading week. I think Norse Mythology by Gaiman looks very promising- can't wait to get a better look at that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!

      Yep, a good McD's will always help my hangover! I really enjoyed Norse Mythology - it was definitely different to what I'm used to though.

      Delete
  4. Happy New Year! I'm one of those grumpy Scots that hates New Year and sits in front of the Tv watching zombies and eating chocolate and grousing about the noise of the fireworks! I didn't get any books or gift cards but I did get some Game of Thrones T shirts and stuff that my dad paid for!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New year to you too! Sometimes, sitting in front of the TV is nice too, especially when it's so busy in the pubs. It's disappointing that you didn't get any books, but pretty nice that you got some GoT t-shirts.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Feature and Follow (29 May)

The Feature & Follow is hosted by TWO hosts, Parajunkee of  Parajunkee’s View  and Alison of  Alison Can Read . Each host will have their own Feature Blog and this way it’ll allow us to show off more new blogs! I'm one of the featured blogs this week! Along with Amanda of  The Darling Bookworm . This week’s Question: How many books have you got on your TBR list? I recently had a bit of a cull of my TBR list so now it is sitting at 269. I'm trying my hardest to get it below 200 by the end of the year but I really don't see it happening. I'd currently be happy if I managed to get it below 225. However, I did recently have a look through my TBR on Goodreads and deleted a few books that I don't think I will actually ever read - I'm not even to sure how they got there anyway. Follow me via  Goodreads ,  Facebook ,  Bloglovin  and  Pinterest  and also via email to myexpandingbookshelf@gmail.com.  Feel free to leave a comment.

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Wouldn't Mind Santa Leaving Me

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by  The Broke and The Bookish . This week's topic is ten books I wouldn't mind Santa leaving under my tree.

Book Beginnings, The Friday 56 and Feature and Follow (3 April)

Book Beginnings is a meme hosted every Friday by  Rose City Reader  where you share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires.  Please remember to include the title of the book and the author’s name.